Athletics at LDSS is very diverse and active. Each year we continue to produce very competitive athletes and teams that have achieved great success over the years. Each season there are a variety of sports available with something for everyone. Our coaches are proud to offer a high quality of training and development across a variety of sports in the Sudbury District Secondary School’s Athletic Association (SDSSAA) competitions. Most sporting teams will also enter in town and out of town tournaments to enhance the experience for athletes at the school.
For any questions related to athletics please contact:
Program Leader Phys Ed and Athletics
705.692.3671 ext. 6454
Some of our achievements over the last few years include the following
- SDSSAA/NOSSA Golf Champions
- SDSSA/NOSSA Nordic Skiing Champions
- OFSAA Silver Medal Nordic Skiing
- Flag Football City Champions
- Varsity Football Division Champions
- Varsity Football City Champions and NOSSA representation
- Boys Volleyball Division Champions 2013
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Girl’s Hockey
- Boy’s Hockey Division Champions
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Boys Volleyball
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Track and Field
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Cross Country
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Gymnastics
- OFSAA Gold Medal in Gymnastics
Concussions and Your Child
Concussions and the ongoing effects of repeated head trauma are taken very seriously. The Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (OPHEA) has developed policies that are being followed by the Rainbow District School Board.
Follow the resources below for information about the Rainbow District School Board’s policy and information on concussions.
If you have any questions, please contact the school.