Athletics at LDSS is very diverse and active. Each year we continue to produce very competitive athletes and teams that have achieved great success over the years. Each season there are a variety of sports available with something for everyone. Our coaches are proud to offer a high quality of training and development across a variety of sports in the Sudbury District Secondary School’s Athletic Association (SDSSAA) competitions. Most sporting teams will also enter in town and out of town tournaments to enhance the experience for athletes at the school.
For any questions related to athletics please contact:
Program Leader Phys Ed and Athletics
705.692.3671 ext. 6454
Some of our achievements over the last few years include the following
- SDSSAA/NOSSA Golf Champions
- SDSSA/NOSSA Nordic Skiing Champions
- OFSAA Silver Medal Nordic Skiing
- Flag Football City Champions
- Varsity Football Division Champions
- Varsity Football City Champions and
NOSSA representation 2013
- Boys Volleyball Division Champions 2013
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Girl’s Hockey
- Boy’s Hockey Division Champions
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Boys Volleyball
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Track and Field
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Cross Country
- NOSSA and OFSAA representation in Gymnastics
- OFSAA Gold Medal in Gymnastics 2012
Concussions and Your Child
Over the last few years, concussions and the ongoing effects of repeated head trauma have hit the headlines. This has been seen mainly in the professional leagues of the NHL and NFL. However, School’s and Sporting Organizations have also been put under the spotlight with new policy that has been implemented by OPHEA, Ontario’s lead safety organization in Sport and Physical Education.
Follow the resources below for information about OPHEA’s policy and information on why this has become such a big issue.
If you have any questions, please contact the school.