Student Services covers a broad range of possibilities for students at LDSS. Through the guidance department we offer:
- Counselling services: Provided for students and parents on matters relating to education and vocational planning as well as to personal and social matters. Regularly scheduled interviews are held during the year and drop in meetings are available.
- Post-secondary planning (grade 12 exit meetings): Support is available in planning for your life after LDSS, whether it be college, university, apprenticeships or straight to the workplace. Information on bursaries and scholarships is shared in the Guidance google classroom.
- Course Selection: Information tutorials occur in January/February. All course selections are done online through myBlueprint.
- Grade 9 Orientation: Through many information sessions, we introduce and smooth the transition into secondary school. We are available to answer any questions by students or parents.
- Other Services: There are many other services that are also available, such as peer tutoring, dual credits, eLearning courses, ILC courses and student exchanges.
Also, check out our page of useful links that may help you navigate your way.